No day trading and multi TF on Tradestation

1 replies

paolosurf72

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261378

I would be grateful to anyone who wanted to give me the settings to generate strategies of this type:

– Strategy on TF H1 but no day trading (I work on stocks and therefore I would like to avoid closing the trade on the same day)

and then another question
i use Tradestation and wanted to know if it is possible to use Multi TF strategies. For example trading on H1 but the signal is on the daily (when I create multi-TF strategies, I can’t import them on Tradestation and compiling with EL gives me an error)

Thanks to those who want to help me

Best Regards

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261488

Hello,

yes, multi-timeframe is possible to do. If you have any issues with the code you can send me an email to [email protected] and attach the strategy, I will check

As for the configuration you can use many options but keep the Trading options -> Exit at end of day /  Exit at end of range disabled

You should also prefer generating “long only” strategies for stocks. In the Builder -Full settings -> What to build set the trading directions to “Long only”

Also I would try to think about using a fixed size stop-loss. Instead you can try to incorporate some kind of “exit rule” since stocks are being traded with no are very small leverage

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)