PC setups, configurations, benchmarks and general recommendations

127 replies

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250166

Because the interest is high among new users of SQX (i saw many topics with the same goal), i thought it would be a good idea to concentrate everything hardware related in one topic where new users but also more experienced ones, can easely find in one place what they are looking for. What to buy, what configuration, air or liquid cooled…etc.

This topic is designed to help users in choosing the most apropriate hardware configuration according to their budget, a new computer or an upgrade. Also, posting benchmarks for processors, general raw performance benchmarks as a guide but also examples of settings in SQX and the resulting performance for others to have an idea what expectations they can have from a certain processor.

I am sure the contribution of the more experienced users will be greatly appreciated by everyone.

For starters, in the following days and weeks, i will post different results (pairs and timeframes) on my configuration, an AMD 3700X (3,6Ghz 8 cores) and 32GB RAM.

To be relevant, we can agree on a minimum criteria, for example, each setting must be run at least 24 hours, and we can agree to count the accepted strategies/hour (in databank).

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

ivan

Visit profile

3 years ago #267210

now that reviews are available from all well known sites, a comparison can be made between the old 3900X and 5900X, most used processors

the new generation is more power efficient and the 5900X is aprox 25% more powerful in CPU-Z tests while consuming around 10% more power

the temperatures are a bit hotter on the 5900X than on 3900X so liquid cooling is a must

the final decision would be the price. It would worth buying the new 5900X but only in the absence of some very good deals on the 3900X, otherwise, a 3900X is still good enough

Timisoara, Romania

ivan

Visit profile

3 years ago #267608

two useful aspects i would like to share here

best memory for Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) is between DDR4 3200 and DDR4 3600. There are plenty of info available on the internet regarding the Infinity Fabric but most important, DDR 3200 or DDR 3600 are not frequencies but data rates and the frequencies are half that value, so DDR 3200 means 1600 Mhz (that is why is called double data rate, DDR). Best performance is achieved in a synchronous operation 1:1 with a DDR4 3600 (1800 Mhz).

second useful info is a java benchmark from the site techpowerup from the recently published review of the 5950X

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-5950x/12.html

few sites publish a java benchmark, that’s why is interesting, and with this benchmark is a closer as we can get to measure and compare SQ performance

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Timisoara, Romania

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268239

new benchmark project for build130 – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PXYirYB5toqP8c4tIsU6x8swFvtt3Wwn8QGek7srTzY/edit?usp=sharing

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268582

benchmark is running, more users and platforms are needed 🙂

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

ivan

Visit profile

2 years ago #271377

it might be useful

ClockTuner v2.1 for Ryzen (CTR) Guide – Introduction (guru3d.com)

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/clocktuner-2-1-for-ryzen-(ctr)-guide,1.html

Timisoara, Romania

tarrioin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271402

benchmark is running, more users and platforms are needed 🙂

Doubt about the configuration: Download and run directly. I see that the Builder puts Mt4 Gbpusd, timeframe 1H. But what surprises me is that the date says 2003.5.5-2018.08.30 and OOS: N / A. Then in robustness I see Higher and additional Backtests. I ask because with a 3900x it gives me a performance of 255280 Strategies / Hour. It seems like a lot of difference to me from what I see in the other 3900x processor configurations. The only thing that I modified from the default configuration that appeared to me is that I stop creating systems at 15 minutes so that the measurement is more accurate.

tarrioin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271213

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>podría ser útil</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>ClockTuner v2.1 para Ryzen (CTR) Guía – Introducción (guru3d.com)</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/clocktuner-2-1-for-ryzen-(ctr)-guide,1.html</span></span&gt;

Correct is useful. You have two options with the 3900x having a better performance and the same temperature or I would even say that it is lower than the one that comes out of the factory. Or work below using the under setting. This allows working at maximum temperatures of 60c in SQ 24/7.

Viewing 7 replies - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

1 2 3 7 8 9