Portfolio Master: Always include specific simple strategies by Note or Symbol

6 replies

Alejandro

Customer, bbp_participant, 10 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275034

Hi,

We already have a live portfolio running and we wish to use the already existing portfolio and add new strategies to it.

I thought this might be able to be done by using the “Filtering” option in the Portfolio Master by adding the Notes or Symbol Databank column however there are two problems with this.

1) The Filtering option looks at the databank column for the *portfolio* not for the underlying strategy
2) The input values are restricted to only doubles (see screenshots).

When a portfolio is combined the “Symbol” value of the portfolio contains names of all the strategies contained within. I thought I might be able to use this by replacing the Symbol name of the simple strategy with a number, like “1”, for the strategies I want to include. This solves problem #1 and #2 however I need a new “operator”, greater than, less than etc, because as mentioned above, the input is designed for doubles.

I attempted to create a new “Contains” operator with a compare() function that has string inputs instead of doubles so I can use the string.contains() method however I can’t seem to get it to work. I think the Operator class that is inherited needs to define an abstract compare() method so the parameters can be changed.

Is there any way to include specific strategies in a portfolio? This, of course, could be done post compilation via excel but it is a waste of processing power and adds unnecessary processing, increasing the time to takes to complete.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alejandro

Visit profile

2 years ago #275225

4 days no support?

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275245

This request (or something similar) has been demanded long long time ago:

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/qa4_0111

Indeed would be very useful and personally it would save me a lot of time and would mean great improvement on my EA’s management. But there’s no way…

Looks like nobody cares about QA. There are so many bugs reported and stucked for ages

Alejandro

Visit profile

2 years ago #275246

Marketing department works just fine though ;).

Alejandro

Visit profile

2 years ago #275249

Yep.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275307

Hi, apologize for the delay. Our dev team will be looking into this soon when preparing a new QA update for release. Resolving bugs has more priority though compared to adding new features and there are many requests for other features as well. We will do our best to cover them

Alejandro

Visit profile

2 years ago #275311

This wouldn’t even need to be added as a new feature. Simple define an abstract compare() method and I can do it myself as described.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)