problem when merging 2 strategies or more

6 replies

Hamood

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270614

i need some help, please
i am creating EURUSD Portfolio but i when I merged them in 1 portfolio they didn’t trade on mt4
i think there is a problem or some missing from my side
i also backtested all single strategies on mt4 and they all working perfect but when i merge 2 or more strategies the expert advisor doesn’t trade at all
this is very important to me, i need this function coz i have dozens of strategies to test them on demo. may you help me, please ??

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270620

Hello,

a very common problem with this is the Subchart1Symbol set incorrectly. Please check the EA inputs whether the Subchart1Symbol is present and whether it is set correctly to for example “EURUSD” and not “EURUSD_UTCPlus1” or similar value which won’t work correctly since the EA refers to non-existing market

Hamood

Visit profile

2 years ago #270685

thank you very much sir !!
i changed subchartsymbol to “EURUSD…” and it worked !

my best regards

tim leoritzson

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270906

I am having the same problem, how did you manage to change subchartsymbol to “EURUSD”?Thank you.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270918

Hello,

you can directly change that in the final strategy code. But MetaTrader remembers parameters modification so you also need to check the EA parameters (inputs) where you cna find the Subchart1Symbol input. The setting is slightly different between MT4 and MT5

YuL

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270928

I just bumped into this as well. Can you just fix it? 😉

Hamood

Visit profile

2 years ago #274055

In my case the problem was that my broker’s pairs look like this EURUSD…, GBPUSD…, AUDUSD…, etc , while  EA set to default EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD. 

in this case, EA will look for EURUSD and will find no symbol with this name .

what you have to do is to check the market watch and see if symbols have prefix or suffix and change <span style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin-top: 0px; color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>Subchart1Symbol</span><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”> input to be exactly the same as your broker symbols .</span>

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)