Question About Strategy Generation

3 replies

Anton Awad

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261556

Hi,

I am a newbie but I have a question. When it takes much longer to generate strategies because of conditions and filters, is that

as good thing or a bad thing? For instance if the software is only generating 3-4 strategies an hour. Is that ok or are we allready curvefitting them then?

Thanks!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261557

Hello,

the general rule is to use only the filters when you understand the way they work. Otherwise you probably wasting your CPU power and you can easily filter out good strategies easily. The best way to learn is to use(add) one by one

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261569

it depends on your setting and your PC specs….without knowing what exactly are you trying to find, nobody will tell you anything usefull

by 3-4 strats you mean some final strats after whole workflow, or only from builder?

what are your PC specs?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Anton Awad

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261575

Thanks for the reply everyone. I mean that during the building proces it generates around 5 strategies for instance. I have seen some videos from casey and I have learned some stuff there.

I have the following computer, you can see in the attachment.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)