Retesting MT5 engine strategy with MT4 engine

3 replies

murty

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 99 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240213

I created strategies for MT5 Engine. If I retest them with MT4 Engine, they fail! Is this expected? I would expect the strategy to survive with engine change. Why does the retest fail?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240215

MT5 netted or hedged?

because only hedged could be near to MT4…why is there some diff between MT4 and MT5 hedged i dont know. this need to tell the devteam

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

murty

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 99 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240222

I am comparing MT4 to MT5 Netted, because there is no hedging in MT4. I created the strategies originally with MT5 Netted engine. Why do you think MT5 hedged, not netted, would be closer to MT4?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240245

did you see how MT5 is working?

open the demo accs ant try to open trades and see the diff between netted and hedged

on netted the trades are cumulated and price will be averaged

on hedged not

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)