Robustness testing. currency pair to test cadchf on?

4 replies

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258401

Hi

building strategies on cadchf and testing on eurcad but not finding any to pass profit factor of 1.1 on same backtest data. do find some on cadjpy but not sure this is relevant.

any thoughts?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258422

for me its simple, every CHF pair is “damaged” because of the behavior of central bank and what happend 15.1.2015

and what TF you want to trade with CADCHF? if i take a look at the spread value, ill not try anything lower than D1

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258428

You can find strategies on those instruments if you lower the demand on what is a good strategy. My GBGCHF, CADCHF, AUDCHF and NZDCHF is profitable so far this year. More from luck thought 2 good trades and sideways typo but far better performance then from EURUSD in my portfolios

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258433

hankeys

im building on 1hr and m30 but i like multi time frames so i pair m30 with 4hr and 1hr with daily

id not though about other pairs other than usdchf but will try the others you metion mabi

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258446

I agree with hankeys

you can barely find working strategies on lower timeframes on major pairs, its a waste of time and electricity trying to find on crosses or exotic pairs

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)