“set maximum memory” limited ?

5 replies

Charles Umani

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268953

Hi, I’ve 16gb of RAM so choose to give 15gb for strategyquant but when i look the memory usage chart, maximum is 12.1gb.

I thought it was simply a problem of scale but my RAM systematically blocks under 12gb (about 10gb) beyond that I have an “out of memory” message …

have you any idea about my issue ?

thanks !

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268955

did you restart SQX after the memory setting was changed?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Charles Umani

Visit profile

3 years ago #268976

yes of course ! several times :/

index33

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268983

you have to delete the StrategyQuantX_nocheck.config file and restart SQX

Charles Umani

Visit profile

3 years ago #269023

index33 thanks for your response but it doesn’t works… i’ve tried a clean install (windows AND SQX build 130) and same problem… alway blocked around 10 or 11gb of RAM allocated to SQX.

when i use older build i don’t have this problem and i can use 16gb of my RAM without any problem.

when i try to change parameters in sqx build 130 nothing change at all… for example, if i decide to use 4gb in sqx, the scale stay at 12.1gb and if i choose to “let program determine maximum memory” it’s the same thing…

Charles Umani

Visit profile

3 years ago #269025

for example i’ve choose 4gb and reboot SQX. after this, i’ve load 11 000 strategies.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)