Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Extras & Strategies>should strategy newly created, be optimized on optimized info suggested from WFM

• #249040 |
    Oliver
    Customer
    103 Posts

So ive created a strategy, completed all robustness tests including WFM. It tells me i need to reoptomize every 1500 days. should this be done prior to testing on demo account or live trading?

If so how does one take optimized settings and put them into ea for running

thanks for your assistance in adavance

Customer
    604 Posts

i dont like oprimisations and i dont like WFM neither :)

i am living without it…

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    422 Posts

It seems to me that optimize a SQx   (Forex) strategy gives very little benefit if any. They are already optimized since SQx finds 100rds of version of the same strategy but only saves the best one and duplicates are deleted. The benefit can be to see if the strategy can be optimized without failing thus proving that it has a robust set of variables that even if changed does not impact it’s historical performance in any great way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.