Signal indicator alerts when price reaches a level say 100 pips above lowest low

3 replies

Brett Schneideman

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 34 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238567

Hello,

Attached is my attempt to make indicator that identifies a price say 150 pips above the lowest low in a 30 bar preceeding period and alerts when that level is crossed at bar opening. When I attached it to a chart it showed signals for buy and sell at every single bar. Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Brett  PS… sorry just realized the indicator was signalling every bar because of the assign long/short price but it still does not appear to be giving any of the signals I want

Brett Schneideman

Visit profile

5 years ago #238579

Hello Again, Well I redid the indicator from scratch and for some reason it is working fine now. Great. But please tell me if there is a way I can make it only give the original signal for volatility (75 pips rise for example) within the bars period ( say 30) and not keep signalling for an extended period?

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238589

Hello,

so you mean you wan to signal “once only”. If so you can setup Close[1] “crosses above” LongEntryPrice

Alternatively you can use a helper variable that is set on the cross and use this variable in the condition itself so it all happens only once. With this you will need to setup another condition to “reset” this variable for example at the end of day

Let me know if any questions

Brett Schneideman

Visit profile

5 years ago #238616

Thank you, Tomas.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)