Spread in the Test Parameters

2 replies

alanhere

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 87 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #257301

HI All,

I’ve been trying to find help on this but can’t seem to locate.. hopefully it’s an easy one.

I’m in the Re-Tester section of Strategy Quant and in the Spread settings. For GBPJPY right now I’m seeing a spread of 47 currently.

I know I should put in an average but is it 47 that I put into the settings or should it be 4? I’m aware that its 4.7 pips but it’s 47 points..  is the spread expecting points or pips?

How do I ensure I’m using the correct setting?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #257371

Hello,

the spread is set as number of pips not points. So considering the quotes you show you should set 4.7 (pips) spread in SQX

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #257381

my advice – dont set the exact value you see now in the platfrom – because of changes in the spread, widening in the evening or in the volatility times – set always some higher value – something like 1.5-2x times higher – i use for GBPJPY spread as 6 pips

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)