SQ New symbol parameters

1 replies

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233531

Hi all,

I’m getting crazy trying to sort out which are the parameters to fill in to create a new symbol in SQ. I’ve downloaded these indexes: Germany 30, France 40, UK 100, Spain 35, Europe 50, USA 500, USA 30, USA Major.

All of these Index come from TickDownloader.

I see, searching on this Forum and on the SQ’s webpage, that. For instance DAX should have these values: Point Value ($)=100, Pip/Tick Step&Size=0.01

BUT, looking on my broker account’s MT4. Specifications for DAX are: Contract Value(€)=25, Pip/Tick Step=0.1. Contract Size=0.01

Which parameters should I enter in SQ. Those of TickDownloader or Those of my broker’s account?

By the way! Which are the TickDownloader parameters for my reference Indexes?;  Germany 30, France 40, UK 100, Spain 35, Europe 50, USA 500, USA 30, USA Major.

Thanks in advance for your support

KR

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233564

Hello,

you should always keep your broker’s specification for the data because you will trade using that specification. TickDownload will help you then only if your broker uses the same specification as Dukascopy. Even with different contract specification you can still use the data but you need to keep in mind that results need to be “converted” because of the spec difference

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)