SQX 136 – New version feelings.

5 replies

Aj

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 29 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281581

Hello everyone.

It may be a dummy topic, but i see no reviews from users here since the release of the new version.

My congrats to the Dev Team to release the whole new version before 2023.

Anyway, I haven’t installed yet the new version and I’d like to know the feedback from users who already installed before do it!

It seems pretty cool the new environment and its new features. If someone already up to say how is the new version.

Please I would be happy to learn from you all.

Cheers,

Aj

2nickelstripper

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, customer, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281643

Excellent features, unfortunate execution.  I’ve experienced so many bugs in 136 and 137(developer) that I’ve abandoned the software for most things.

For example, I recently tried to do some robustness testing but it wasn’t functional.  SPP wouldn’t run (despite the log saying it was) and WFM failed every strategy regardless of the test result.

I’m relatively new to the program.  Everywhere you look you find great ideas and design but when you try to use it nothing ever seems to work right.

I remember a number of years ago when Apple came out and said the big feature for their next operating system version was “no new features.”  Before then they had added so many new features so quickly they needed an entire 1.5 year cycle to catch up on making sure the core functionality was rock solid and efficient.  I really hope SQX takes the same approach.

Aj

Visit profile

1 year ago #281653

Thanks a lot for your feedback 2nick!

wonder install my starter version on another computer with the v.136 and let my v.135 pro SQ with my projects and workflow saved then. ;-P

And keep this feed to write down a journal with my v.136 experience to help others here.

Cheers,

Aj

Massimo Scapini

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 44 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281709

SQX 136 has many new key features compared to 135 (eg. % based SL and PT, swap calculations…). I doubt I will try 137 very soon …

It works reasonably well, but I do agree that the number of bugs is still very high. I opened many but I must say that recently I have also seen that many should have been fixed.

SQX replied to my previous posts saying that there will be a stronger focus in 2023 in increasing the product robustness rather than releasing new stuff, so let’s hope for the best !

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281729

Hi all,

due to implementation of new features – reworked Algowizard module and the new stockpicking engine the SQ application went through significant internal changes that produced new problems and challenges. We are working on new updates that will resolve most of the reported issues into version 137 and later 138

Aj

Visit profile

1 year ago #281806

hey Tom!

Thanks to pass by here and I am sure everyone here are expecting good things coming from the dev team in order to make it better SQX.

Saying from myself you guys have done a great job on v. 135 and I am sure new coming versions will blast. ;-p

Cheers,

AJ

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)