SQX – User’s Guide – Data Manager

6 replies

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236201

Hi Mark

Great to see full release of SQX. Thanks for all the hard work!

In looking through the User Guide I can see no description for Data Manager (other than Export to MT4). In particular how the Clone-to-Timezone function works and how to weekly update Clone-to-Timezone data. I was expecting the ‘Cloned’ data series to simply mirror the original source data + timezone difference, whenever the original data is updated, but this does not seem to be the case. Please can you provide a full description for SQX Data Manager functions and operation, to avoid any confusion for users.

Thanks again

AC1962

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236215

Hello,

we will update the guide continuously and add description too. Which part of data manager do you have a trouble with?

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236221

Hi, I feel a bit confused as well as AC1962. In my case Two probably silly questions:

1- Downloading data using the Fast Data option; SQ CDN Servers. Is it the same data as Dukas but from SQ Servers so faster download. Just need confirmation

2- Timezone. How do I convert Data to my TimeZone. Should I use the ‘Clone to timezone’ button and SQ do the job?

Thanks

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236222

Oh yeah I forgot! Data Type. In the caso of XAUUSD should be CFD I understand (Dukas Data). It makes any difference this field?

AC1962

Visit profile

5 years ago #236224

Hi Tomas

Thanks for quick response. Update of user guide with Data Manager detailed description would be great.

I need to use data sets adjusted to UTC +2+DST, to match my broker. I also wish to update these data sets every weekend. From what I can see I can download and weekly update UTC data quickly with no problem, using ‘Add only Missing Data’ setting. However, I then need to completely re-create a new Cloned sets of data every week, to obtain UTC +2+DST data. It would be great if existing Cloned data sets could also be auto-updated with a ‘Add only Missing Data’ setting. Cloning M1 data is fast, but Cloning Tick data takes some time and should be a lot quicker if I could ‘Add only Missing Data’ to existing Clone, not create complete new sets of Cloned data every week.

Also, when I try to use Import Data from TickDownloader, the file selection windows shows no actual files (.dat or .csv) in my …\tickdata folder. So how do I select the file I want to download? See attached image of folder with no files, where in fact there are actually 40 files in that folder, of either .dat or .csv format.

Further, please can you amend Clone to Timezone selection window to remember the last ‘Cloned Data Timezone’ settings, as I rarely need to change my standard settings. See attached image

I have also added above items to SQX bug list.

Thanks

AC1962

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236310

Hello, did you report into https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/tasks? otherwise I can add this to request, I cannot find

AC1962

Visit profile

5 years ago #236314

Hi Tomas

My original queries were added as bug: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3153

But not my follow-up query, which I will now add as a bug. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks

AC1962

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)