Static Trailing Stop possible ?

5 replies

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239209

hello. i’m using EA Wizard and i’d like to know if it’s possible to make my trailing stop moves when i gain x amount of pips only instead of moving instantly once i’m in profit.

for example:

let’s say that i’ve declared a variable called (StaticTrailing) with value 20 and (StaticTrailingPips) with value 30 and my stop loss is 40.

if i opened a trade, my stop will be 40 pips away from the current price

if the price moved 20 pips in my favor (which is my StaticTrailing), then the Stop will be 30 pips away from the current price (which is my StaticTrailingPips) instead of moving instantly.

is there a work around to make this possible ?

i hope it’s possible 😀

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239216

If you want to move SL only once as you described it could be done as shown on the screen

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #239221

yes that’s right but if the price continued the stop will not move. it happens only once am i right ?

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #239254

so you want to move SL in “steps” multiple times with higher profit reach by X pips? I can do an example for this

Tarwada

Visit profile

5 years ago #240487

yes exactly

if i earn (for example) 10 pips, the stop will be x pips away from the current price

if i earn another 10 pips, the stop will move x pips away from the current price

the trailing stop moves pip by pip, i want it to move only when open profits by pips is x or y

also when i try to close a position partially in the back test it does not close

what’s the problem ?

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #240491

This might do what you need. Let me know if any questions

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)