Strategy Lab or Masterclass

2 replies

Natalie

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

5 months ago #284055

I started out with the strategy lab course and then got the masterclass course. I’m curious as to which workflow to follow. The strategy lab seems to be the more recent one but it does not include any Walk Forward matrix and only has 2 monte Carlo tests. I have struggled to get one strategy to pass all the robustness test on the masterclass course workflow. Which workflow is better for starting out with?

Galbert George

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #284974

Just out of curiosity was the masterclass worth it

Daniel

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 12 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #285064

I got the masterclass two weeks ago, and I think it was absolutely worth it. In fact, I wish I bought it together with the license, it made a lot of things ‘click’ in my head, like how to properly use all the robustness tests in a correct manner. I did nottice that the development of the application goes faster then that they correct the masterclass videos. You can see that some videos where recorded with an older version of SQX. (Menu item names etc.) Then again, I bought for the knowledge to understand the how and why of all the robustness tests.

One protip, when using genetic evolution, play around with the amount of islands you use, I found out that when playing around with that number (default on 5) and monitoring your cpu usage, you get to a number of islands where (in my case 3 islands, with a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8C/16T), when you are building strategies, you can see that your cpu usage fluctuates between 95-100% percent instead of always flat at 100%. This sped up the process (strategy building) immensely. I got the feeling that when you use to much islands, you create a workload which might be to big for your cpu to handle efficiently, which creates queues inside of the application/OS, which makes internall processes have to wait for eachother which again, slows things down. This, or just buy the fasted AMD Threadripper your money can buy.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)