Thinking about buying StrategyQuantX. Is the AL MA available on the platform?

5 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260332

First of all, good work, Strategy Quant team!  You guys make great products that really meet our needs. Thank you.

The features of Strategy Quant X seem quite powerful, and I’m looking at using it to evaluate my strategies and create my multi-market portfolios.

Some quick questions I have before I buy:

1. Several of my strategies use the Arnaud Legoux Moving Average. Is this available on the platform?
  2. If an indicator is not available on the platform, can I add it with my own code? ( i have indicators in MQL )

Thanks!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260412

Hello,

there are few options here since Arnaud Legoux MA is not available.

1. You can either code it using Java according to our codebase example here https://strategyquant.com/codebase
  2. Or you can upload just the indicator data into SQX that will be used to evaluate signals as shown here https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/external-indicators/

The other option is less benefical because you upload final data that are based on certain indicator setting. If you change the indicator’s setting you need to upload new data. So for custom indicators it is much better to use the option #1 in SQX

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #260413

Great, thanks. Its not a very complex indicator so I will code it in SQX.

Are there any future plans to support the import  of indicator logic from other languages?

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #260424

Hello,

very likely this will never be supported. We do not plan to create ‘code translators’. It’s a lot easier process to just read the code a re-code it using Java language

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #260461

This makes sense.

I also just remembered the open source  TA-Lib , which has java source for over 200 indicators.

This might come in handy as well (though I’m sure you already have all of them in SQX 🙂 )

Keep up the good work!

ps: By the way, i made the decision to go ahead and buy a license after my first post.  Realizing now it’s one of the best decisions I ever made on my algo journey.

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #260468

Thanks for your feedback and your purchase!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)