Unique block in strategy builder

2 replies

raffo000

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271203

Hi,

I am trying strategy quant x trial and trying to understand if it can fit my needs. I have some basic knowledge of algo trading and also good basic of trading with TA.

So I started testing the product and I am really enjoying it.

But I have a big question mark that I am not able to solve, I also searched on the wiki/forum but got no answers.

Is it possible to configure the strategy builder to create strategies that use a max of a single building block group?

For example, let’s say i know that exist a particular strategy that use a combination of Bollinger band, stochastic, internal bar strength (a custom block self made), is possible to create a sort of blueprint that has as condition for the entry the 3 given indicator and let the builder compute the best parameters?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271386

you can make your own template in algowizard and run builder with this template

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271395

Actually a template does not have to necessary. Simply select only those building block you really want to see within your strategy and SQ will add enough randomness to search for a possible solution

Templates are used once you want to build a very specific rules for a strategy. Surely you can set it up with more or less ‘freedom’

You can check some articles on templating in SQ

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)