Very basic questions

0 replies

FreeGoldRush

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280343

In “Settings Summary” next to the symbol is a drop down for “M1”  “M5”  “H1”, etc.  Does this mean the strategy will run with 1-min, 5-min, 60-min bars?  Or does it mean something else? I can find nowhere on the website where this is defined.

“Higher backtest precision”:  The docs say, “backtesting with higher precision”.  That’s a very squishy definition.  All the data is digital and is 100% precise in all timeframes.  So what is this?

No strategies are being generated.  I’ve been through every tutorial and clicked on the “No strategies generated?” link.  The log file is full of “zero duration trades”.  I’m using default values for # of conditions.  I loaded 2022 BTCUSD data from Coinbase.

Order types: Since it appears only historic trade data is analyzed and not historic quote data what meaning does this have?  Or are historic quotes being loaded and assumed to be used for trades?

If I generate a strategy and want to go live I will be coding the trading software myself.  The output “code” does not seem to fully define the signals and indicators.  Where are those detailed definitions?

Thank you!