webrequest with info trade.

2 replies

David

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280958

Hi, I’m trying to submit a web request to be able to trade on an exchange or broker via an API with a webhook, but I can’t find a way without directly modifying the code and I can’t find enough information to be able to add it. It would be interesting to add in algowizar since I can modify any strategy generated with estrategiaquant and add it as an email is currently sent. It can probably be done in a custom action, but I don’t know how I can do it. This feature would allow trading on many brokers that are not supported by metatrader and virtually all cryptocurrency exchanges via API with any bridging service. You would need to know the name of the trade variables, characteristics like long, short, ask, bid, volume… to generate the typical API messages and the webhook URL. I personally have my own server to connect to the broker, but I need to be able to send the trading functions to a URL via a webhook. Could this functionality be added? How can I do this currently?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281001

Hello,

this should be possible using Custom Actions – see my screenshot – whatever you write as the code for the custom action will be used as a command in generated MQL.

So you can define your functions that will call your API somewhere, and then call these functions using the custom actions in the strategy.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

David

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281019

hello,

Thanks. Yes, I know that the code can be modified but no matter how hard I search I can’t find a clear way to add the webhook sending in mql5, I’ve been searching for days without success. I also don’t know the order variables to send the pair, volume, open/close, long/short, ask/bid. Would it be too much to ask for a practical example? With an example I could adapt the code to my url and array of my server, but I already resort to the forum because I can’t find a way to connect to the exchanges. From the server I make the connection to the exchange with api but sending the data via webhook is very complicated for me with the little information there is about mql5.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)