What is the easiest way to build robust strategies?

8 replies

David

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245949

Hi all. With the new build of StrategyQunat X how easy is it to build robust strategies that are ready to being traded? Ideally I want to just press a button and wait until robust strategies are found and ready to be traded. Can I do this by using the default settings under the “Getting started” tab and only adding the robustness tests like all 3 tests (fast, slow and very slow)?
Thanks! 🙂

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245952

if you try to find the easy way in order to make this..?  i s   only hard work and  knows what you do

example …..5  cross uncorrelated….0.15 portfolio correlation

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gianfranco

Visit profile

4 years ago #245953

out of sample ..in  photo  is  2019

Gianfranco

Visit profile

4 years ago #245954

default …..not mistery indicator or oscillators   only  fine tuning….

Gianfranco

Visit profile

4 years ago #245955

I am not an expert…!!!!!  is only six months user

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245957

with only the click of a GREEN START BUTTON i am afraid it doesnt work…you need to know what you are doing, how to set up the basic things

you need to know some workflow, how to build robust strategies…you need to LEARN LEARN and LEARN and trust me, its a long journey

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

David

Visit profile

4 years ago #245959

Thanks Gianfranco. Nice chart! I like finding nice charts. Questions is how well the strategy performs in real life. Was the out of sample period (2019) used when finding the strategy?

David

Visit profile

4 years ago #245963

Hi hankeys. Thanks. I tried the old version of StrategyQuant. There was a lot of learning involved. I got the impression that it is much easier to develop robust strategies with the new version of StrategyQuant. That is the impression I get from the new the user interface with the workflow etc. I was hoping the new version was better and much easier. Thanks for your feedback.

Gianfranco

Visit profile

4 years ago #245966

version 3 or 4 of SQ l I just tried in demo maybe SQX has some extra options than the old versions but the base is always that….in  live think of the worst to expect the best… the example portfolio is generated over 6 years 50/50 but it’s just a small example made by a PERSON NOT EXPERT as ME IN ALGO,,,even if I’ve been trading manually for 25 years

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)