What testing server specs do you guys use?

4 replies

Lee Wai Chong

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249026

server

I am very very new to SQ. I am testing it on my new rented dedicated server. Just simply select a few settings and let it run for few hours.

I am still learning how to configure the SQ settings? Is my settings correct?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249038

from the picture no one could tell you anything…but from your high values of profit factor is obvious that your settings will be nonsense

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249058

Hello,

if you can please attach the config you used, I will check

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249090

I am very very new to SQ. I am testing it on my new rented dedicated server. Just simply select a few settings and let it run for few hours. I am still learning how to configure the SQ settings? Is my settings correct?

with SQ settings, the other users and SQ members will help you because they are the most experienced

strictly from a hardware point of view, i can tell you a few very general guidelines (because i saw you asked several questions on hardware).

That particular server, a dual Xeon 2012 Sandy Bridge configuration, is by 2019 standards, mainstream at best, is almost the bare minium required to make something meaningful. To obtain something decent, you have to let it run days or weeks, not hours.

Regarding your main question, of what do other traders use, there are 2 main categories, based on their experience and wallet. Some use single or dual processor servers like you. Others, build their own custom desktop PC with latest generation processors, mainly 2nd generation AMD Threadripper and liquid cooling. Those are 3 – 5 times faster than the server you posted picture of.

For example, my case, last year i used ather people’s servers and licences but now i built my own compact, air cooled mini tower desktop around an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and 32GB RAM. To make an idea, this in SQ would have roughly the same performance as that dual server you are using now.

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #249092

for comparing different processors, you can use several sites, either CPU-Z database or passmark

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/%5BDual-CPU%5D-Intel-Xeon-E5-2680-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/1221.2vs3485

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

curt

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250152

If you dont mind using alot of power or have cheaper electricity get a dell r815 with quad 6380 64cores they benchmark around 60k..i run a few with 256ram and can build one up for under $300

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)