Portfolio Doing Well

151 replies

toddone46

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 76 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113755

The portfolio I developed using StrategyQuant is working very well. I started it in a live account April 1, 2015 and it is up 14% and over 1000 pips.  Drawdown is minimal at 11%, my goal is to have drawdown capped at 20%, but ideally below 15%.  Although it’s too early to conclude success after only 2 months, the strategies’ drawdowns and smooth upward performance results are indicative of the back testing and forward testing results I had.  So it’s looking real good overall.

After I made 10%, I doubled the lot size.  This is a test live account (demo account was giving different trade results than the live account so I do not want to rely on a demo account’s results).  I am using a $1,000 account with a .01 micro lot to start, and am now using a .02 micro lot, and will continue to increase as profits grow to compound the returns.

Portfolio Details:
1) EURNZD 4hr 

2) GBPJPY 5min
3) AUDNZD 4hr 
4) AUDUSD 30min
5) EURJPY 5min
6) NZDUSD 4hr 
7) GBPUSD daily

The attached pic is of when I started this portfolio in a live test account April 1, 2015.  So it has accurate readings related only to this portfolio and filters out previous results from other strategies.  I also have the entire account tracked on MYfxbook (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/PrincipAnalysis/principle-analysis-sq-portfolio/1244436) but this documents the account since its inception which distorts the data related to this portfolio since I tested a grid trading strategy before and it was very wild so I stopped using it.  You can see on the MYfxbook link that the performance became significantly smoothed out once I started using the current StrategyQuant portfolio April 1st though.

I just wanted to drop by and post my results and at least short term success in using StrategyQuant to develop my own EAs.  So far so good.  I will be back again later with an updated report.

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130671

Keep up the good work.
You should go into custom analysis on MyFXbook and set the starting date to april 1st then apply to get rid of the old data.

toddone46

Visit profile

8 years ago #130673

Sweet! Thanks Threshold! That’s much better.

Todd

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130678

toddone,

I am very happy to hear this.  Great job!  PLease keep sharing about your journey. It helps others (like myself) in more ways than you know.

toddone46

Visit profile

8 years ago #130679

You bet Stearno, I’ll do that – good or bad, I’ll report back periodically.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130687

Great, I am having similar results, just with less drawdown (just 2% DD for 12% gain so far)! But anyhow, we all seem to make profit, indicative for the quality of this beast! Am very happy for all of us really 🙂

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

toddone46

Visit profile

8 years ago #130697

Congrats Geektrader!

Cheers!

Todd

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130745

Congrats, GeekTrader.  Thanks for sharing also.

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130750

Great results so far @toddone ! Keep it up!

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

toddone46

Visit profile

8 years ago #130751

Thank you Adrian.

Todd

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #130870

Still looking very good! Is it all H4 strategies or what timeframe are you using? Mine are M30 only right now.

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

toddone46

Visit profile

8 years ago #130871

Timeframes vary based on the pair.  I like timeframes that “make sense” for the pair traded.  Here’s a link to the portfolio details. I posted it on the right side of the blog under the MyFxBook tracking: http://principleanalysis.blogspot.com/

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #130876

Ah thank you! Very nice blog mate, keep that up and of course keep the profits rolling:)

kapitalgo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131037

Hey Todd,

very good results and thanks for the informations you gave! Can you tell a little bit more about the dismiss conditions?

Thanks you very much and best regards,

Patrick

toddone46

Visit profile

8 years ago #131044

Thank you for the note.  Could you rephrase the question, I’m sure what you are asking.  I don’t know what “dismiss conditions” are.

Thanks,

Todd

kapitalgo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131064

Hey Todd,

nice profile picture too, i like the movie. 🙂 When you build your strategies under Settings –> Ranking Options where you can specify net profit, number of trades, etc. Do you have some good advice to filter out the good ones in forefront? Thanks, Patrick

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)

1 2 3 9 10 11