Optimizer not ordering results correctly?

7 replies

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114987

Hi,

I’m optimizing a strategy (simple optimization) and the fitness is not reflecting the criteria selected.

Below I have selected net profit (as fitness criteria):

Giq9h.jpg

As you can see, fitness is sorted descending, and profit is not highest to lowest.  Have tried other criteria (e.g. Ret/DD) same problem,

Any ideas what’s happening here?

Thanks,

Mike

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136311

The fitness is ordered correctly. If you want profit from highest to lowest use net profit for fitness, or sort by net profit.

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #136314

The fitness is ordered correctly. If you want profit from highest to lowest use net profit for fitness, or sort by net profit.

The fitness was set to net profit, therefore the fitness should reflect the highest profit to the lowest profit, but it does not. 

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136317

Definitely bug then. Never had this happen before btw.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136323

Nope, not here as well, it´s all right. Are you sure you did only check Net Profit and put a weight of 1 to it? The list is long there in the weighted fitness settings and can be scrolled! Make sure there is nothing else than Net Profit checked and post again if this still happens to you then. Because here, it sorts it just fine if I ONLY check Net Profit for the weighted fitness.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136340

When I optimize using Net Profit, SQ sorts correctly using fitness function value. Can you attach the strategy? Do you optimize all the parameters?

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136341

Yes, same here. I am sure he has another target ticked under the weighted fitness, not just Net Profit. Since the list there is scrollable, that can easily happen.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #136351

It’s not a user error, I’ve selected Net Profit using the radio button, not weighted fitness and tried all the other options. Sort order is wrong no matter what is selected. I have checked this carefully.

Now, what is different is the data source. It is US30 (Dow index) and if I import M1 bars it says the timeframe is “intraday”. So I guess there’s something gappy about the data or something. In the end I replaced the data with tick data, but I suspect the tick data has gaps where the market is closed during the day.

For example, one broker lists it trading hours as

I’ve never seen this sort order issue before, only on strategies produced on this index data, so maybe the issue lies there somewhere?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)