A few questions about the StrategyQuant

4 replies

Winston Smith

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280662

I have a few questions about the StrategyQuant software which I think has great potential for me:

1. Can StrategyQuant be used to build stand-alone indicators?
2. Can I install the program on multiple computers?
3. If yes to the above question, what are the recommended system requirements for a PC and also a laptop?
4. I asked about the laptop because I travel a lot so I’m often offline for long periods of time. Is it possible to use StrategyQuant when I am traveling offline?  Say, a maximum of two weeks.
5. I use custom indicators. I have read that users can code their own indicators using java and also import indicator data into StrategyQuant. Can you describe the data quality assurance that is used for imported indicator data?  For example, is the imported data reconciled against any internal data?

Winston

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280666

Hi Winston,

1) unfortunately it cannot be used that way, SQX is only used to build strategies
2) each license is bound to a specific computer until reset, then you can move. We give 1 extra free license normally
3) definitely check this article https://strategyquant.com/blog/computer-requirements-run-strategyquant/
4) SQX now require occasional license verification, if not verified correctly the app will close
5) the process of importing the custom indicator data is described here https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/external-indicators/ … once you have the data exported it should work as supposed. The timestamps will sync with price data as it was in your trading platform

Winston Smith

Visit profile

1 year ago #280677

Hello Tomas262,

Thank you for your reply.

So far I’ve research seven of the most popular algobuilders and none of them have an online requirement; so for clarification, 4) above states ‘SQX now require occasional license verification, if not verified correctly the app will close’; in essence does this means that StrategyQuant is an online application?   If it is not possible to work offline, this should be clearly stated on the product page because it constitutes a huge limitation especially for nomads.

For how long is it possible to work offline without the app closing?

When the app closes, is the app work (models and such) first saved or backup or does the user lose the work if they cannot get online?

Winston Smith

Visit profile

1 year ago #280722

I am patiently waiting for a reply to my questions.  I’d like to make a purchasing decision within the next three weeks.

Sincerely,

Winston

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280815

Hi,

actually with the internet disabled you can run SQX for long time. Once you connect the license will be check. SQ closes if the license is not validated

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)