Not logged in
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>AlgoWizard Documentation on Template mode

• #250191|
    Participant
    9 Posts

Hi,

Just started 14 day trail of StrategyQuant and can already see for the complexities/ideas I create in MT4  and want to test in SQ that I will need to do create my own SQ templates. So seems I have to use AlgoWizard to do this.

But where is the documentation or guide as to how to do this?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by tomas262 tomas262.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by tomas262 tomas262.
    tomas262
    Administrator
    1238 Posts

Hello,

the process of creating a strategy using template mode is described in this article https://strategyquant.com/doc/developing-strategies-using-custom-strategy-templates/

There were some changes to UI done but the logic remains the same. Let us know if any questions

Participant
    9 Posts

Thanks for this.

But I’m missing something very fundamental and even the basics don’t appear to work when trying to use another temnplate.

I’ve tried the following to get familiar with the UI.

In the AlgoWizard, I have loaded in one of your examples provided, the ‘Inside Breakout’. I then save it as an SQX file to use as a template in Builder.

Then I go into Builder and in the ‘What to Build’ section, I select ‘Strategy from Template’ and select the SQX file I just saved in AlgoWizard.

But then when I Start the builder no strategies are created.

What is going wrong?

Participant
    9 Posts

Ok, I have managed to create a simple strategy in AlgoWizard.

But how do I make the Builder step through different values for an entry parm used in the LongEntry Signal in sequncing through possible strategies.

See parameter p_value in attached image.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tomas262
    Administrator
    1238 Posts

If you want just test different values you can do it using the Optimizer module

Participant
    9 Posts

If you want just test different values you can do it using the Optimizer module

Not specifically. I am trying to create a simple custom template to use in Builder, but even using the example ones provides (see my post a couple back), nothing works. The documentation just doesn’t explain how to use them. It’s way out of date and doesn’t match the UI.

I’m on my 14 day trial and cant even get a simple custom template to work, very frustrating. Going nowhere fast!!

tomas262
    Administrator
    1238 Posts

Ok,

this is some simple template for a long only strategy. I have created a entry condition Close < Open and want to add an additional rule (randomCondition2) for entry to find a trade setup.

Another condition says – find the optimal exit method (randomCondition1)

Now go to Builder and select “Full settings” -> “What to build”. Now select the “Strategy from template” and select the template created. Now you can setup additional builder options the same way as for any other build

Example Builder configuration is attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    9 Posts

Thanks you very much. Will be useful to start with :-)

Customer
    269 Posts

is in B125 already possible to create template with 30 conditions, so the build process will taking to the building process randomly of of these conditions?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.