AlgoWizard Documentation on Template mode

10 replies

Freefox

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250191

Hi,

Just started 14 day trail of StrategyQuant and can already see for the complexities/ideas I create in MT4  and want to test in SQ that I will need to do create my own SQ templates. So seems I have to use AlgoWizard to do this.

But where is the documentation or guide as to how to do this?

Thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250198

Hello,

the process of creating a strategy using template mode is described in this article https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/developing-strategies-using-custom-strategy-templates/

There were some changes to UI done but the logic remains the same. Let us know if any questions

Freefox

Visit profile

4 years ago #250227

Thanks for this.

But I’m missing something very fundamental and even the basics don’t appear to work when trying to use another temnplate.

I’ve tried the following to get familiar with the UI.

In the AlgoWizard, I have loaded in one of your examples provided, the ‘Inside Breakout’. I then save it as an SQX file to use as a template in Builder.

Then I go into Builder and in the ‘What to Build’ section, I select ‘Strategy from Template’ and select the SQX file I just saved in AlgoWizard.

But then when I Start the builder no strategies are created.

What is going wrong?

Freefox

Visit profile

4 years ago #250247

Ok, I have managed to create a simple strategy in AlgoWizard.

But how do I make the Builder step through different values for an entry parm used in the LongEntry Signal in sequncing through possible strategies.

See parameter p_value in attached image.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #250287

If you want just test different values you can do it using the Optimizer module

Freefox

Visit profile

4 years ago #250290

If you want just test different values you can do it using the Optimizer module

Not specifically. I am trying to create a simple custom template to use in Builder, but even using the example ones provides (see my post a couple back), nothing works. The documentation just doesn’t explain how to use them. It’s way out of date and doesn’t match the UI.

I’m on my 14 day trial and cant even get a simple custom template to work, very frustrating. Going nowhere fast!!

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #250316

Ok,

this is some simple template for a long only strategy. I have created a entry condition Close < Open and want to add an additional rule (randomCondition2) for entry to find a trade setup.

Another condition says – find the optimal exit method (randomCondition1)

Now go to Builder and select “Full settings” -> “What to build”. Now select the “Strategy from template” and select the template created. Now you can setup additional builder options the same way as for any other build

Example Builder configuration is attached

Attachments:

Freefox

Visit profile

4 years ago #250326

Thanks you very much. Will be useful to start with 🙂

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250505

is in B125 already possible to create template with 30 conditions, so the build process will taking to the building process randomly of of these conditions?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

wanderson lage

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #255068

This topic is related to what I need. The explanation has helped me a lot. But I still have two questions.

1) For me to create a strategy (enter a Stop – Breakout) with random configuration. How I do? I am only able to make random strategy to market …. Could you pass me the process via PRINT?

2) In algowizard sometimes I define a criterion it is not saved. Sometimes I delete one criterion and when inserting another the first criterion appears again …. Is this normal? or is it just me? If it’s me, is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Thanks

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #255099

1) you can create both Market and Stop/Limit strategies. The type of order depends on a few things:

If you use RandomAction placeholder then the type is determined by your setting in SQ Building blocks – you can choose which order types it will use.

Alternatively, you can directly use Enter at stop block in your template, and set only some of its parameters as random. Then the strategy wil use Enter at stop, and the parts you want will be generated randomly.

We are currently posting a series of articles about template system in SQ X, so far two parts:

https://strategyquant.com/blog/introduction-strategyquant-templating-system-part/

https://strategyquant.com/blog/introduction-strategyquant-templating-system-part-ii/

2) this looks like a bug, could you create a bug task for it and describe the issue so that we’ll be able to reproduce it?

Our task system: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/

Attachments:

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)