Building PSAR “Flip”

3 replies

kyle

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #217882

Hello,

I have searched the forum, but I did not find quite the same question I had. I am currently utilizing the Demo version of EA, as I came here to see if I could build the exact EA I am trying to build.

In order to build this EA, I am needing to trigger a trade condition based on the Flip of the PSAR. If I want a long position, I am able to create the rule: ParabolicSAR(.02, .2, 0) < Ask, and this triggers the first trade fairly well. I added the filter of the PSAR being below the Bollinger Bands, which limited the number of opens.

My issue is, if the TP is hit, and there are still PSAR indicators below the price and below the lower Bollinger Band, it will trigger another trade.

Essentially, I only want a trade triggered on the <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>FIRST</span> PSAR flip, if all other conditions are met.

Is there anyway to build this with EA wizard?

Thanks in advance! This program is amazing! I just cannot seem to work past this snag!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #217899

Hello,

PSAR flip can be setup easily using EA Wizard. Check the file attached

MimmoDS

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 14 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233989

Could you post the file in zip format so that I can download it? I dont know download this format xml. I like much this idea from kyle. My idea was similar. I tried to set it on EA Wizard but i have some difficulties. My idea is: at switch of PSAR i want enter at market with a SL 2*ATR(50) and no TP, with a Trailing stop that start after 2*ATR(50) and set a size 1*ATR(50). BE after 1*ATR(50) setting 1 pip more start price. If trades touch SL or end touching Trailing or BE, don’t want other trade until PSAR switch. This is what i elaborated, but it seems not work correctly.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #234000

Hello,

please find the zip attached. Let me know if that helped

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)