Can I not use the SQ Indicators?

2 replies

alanhere

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 87 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238115

I have generated a couple of strategies which I want to give to a couple of friends. However, I don’t want to give them the Strategy Quant custom indicators. Is there a way I can use the default Metatrader ones instead or even better, somehow incorporate the indicator into the EX4 file?

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238131

Hi, though I find it a little confusing that you’d share strategies with your friends but don’t want to share the indicators they’re based on, For the first question of “using the mt4 indicators instead”, well obviously not, since they are different indicators.

Regarding incorporating them into the strategy file, I believe that it is technically possible if you’re an MQL4 developer, but trying to achieve that will give you much more trouble than just sharing those indicators with your friends 🙂

Since SQ has a more generic point of view (rightly so), I don’t believe this feature would be considered..

Ilya

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238208

There are no special protected SQ custom indicators as of yet. Indicators used in SQ are only reimplementations of standard indicators, there is nothing special to protect.

The reason why we reimplemented some of them was behavior in edge cases, which you mnight not experience at all, but it could cause small differences in backtests.

So you can share the indicators with your friends together with your strategies.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)