Can we combine building blocks using categories?

3 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267319

The building blocks mechanism is brilliant, and I love the way we can add weight to blocks to influence the generation.  I really love the way we can use multiple time frames / charts as well, for stronger signal.

One thing I am trying to figure out, is how to combine different categories of indicator signals.

eg: in real life trading it is common for people to combine signals from three different categories of indicators. (for example)

• 1 signal from a volume indicator
  • 1 signal from a momentum indicator
  • 1 signal from a volatility indicator

Or i may have different categories that I define myself . eg: maybe i want to generate strategies that combines signals from these categories:

• 1 Signal using ONE of these three : Keltner channel, Bollinger bands, Donchian Channel (Highest/Lowest)
  • 1 Signal using ONE of these two: SMA Cross over, EMA cross Over
  • 1 Signal using ONE of these two : Stoch, MACD

Is it possible to do this today in SQX?

Thanks

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267326

i think its possible – set your custom groups in algowizard and write your own template, which you could use in builder

https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/random-groups/

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267335

Hankeys thank you!

This has been your most helpful reply to any of my posts. Thank you very much.

i will try to see if this is possible and report back to this thread.  It looks promising.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267337

i am always telling what i have learned and what i think about it – no offense

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)