Compute lot sizes or risk % using formula

6 replies

Julianrob

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250167

Hello,

I have been creating a strategy of trading which requires trades placed at various intervals in the market. What needs to happen is for the second and subsequent trade in a string to have a different lot size based on different conditions (similar to martingale strategy but not quite). I would like to be able to configure lot size according to formulas, or configure multiple trades to a risk %. At the moment the only option is to select a lot size based on fixed pips, a variable set in the inputs or predefined MM, which you can only set one risk % profile.

For example, I would like to write a formula if one long trade exists with lot size 1.0, second trade is lot size of first trade * 1.5, etc.,  or if one trade is risk 1.0%, second trade opened risk *2, or 2% and so on. At the moment this isn’t possible. This really limits the flexibility of lot sizing.

Can this be improved please so that lot sizes and multiple risk percentages can be set for different trades?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250200

If I understand correctly you basically mean type of a martingale strategy? This can be done using EA Wizard. The basic principle is to save the lot size to a variable and increase its value for next upon successful trade opening. See the example attached

Julianrob

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250766

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for reply. No, I would like to set trades like so:

Trade 1 – Risk 1%

Trade 2 – Risk 1.5%

Trade 3 – Risk 2.0%

You see? At the moment I cannot do this as predefined MM only gives one single risk % size trade on the whole EA. Please can I ask for this to be given more flexibility?

Julian

Dennisd

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254828

I am also looking at the same problem in trying to automate risk in % for multiple trades except I would like to reducee the risk .

For example:

Trade 1   3% of equity

Trade 2   1% of equity

Trade 3   .5% of equity

I’m sure some one has come up with a work around for this.  Perhaps the initial “Trade 1” lot size could be saved as a variable and then “Trade 2” lot size

could be calculated at 33% of Trade 1 lot size.

Anyone out there that can help me with this?

Thanks

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #254830

Ok, it is quite simple to setup. Supposedly with each losing trade you want to decrease / increase the % risk size so the risk per trade needs to be calculated manually and risk % will be altered after each losing trade. I can setup an example and post

Dennisd

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254838

Thanks Tomas

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #254924

This is an example on how to decrease % risk per trade after a losing trade

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)