Detailed Guide for setting up EA in MT5

2 replies

iainlc

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, customer, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281126

I am just wondering it there is some detailed walkthrough or documentation for exporting a strategy from MT5 and setting up the EA?

I have the masterclass course bundle but didn’t find anything too detailed there. As a beginner with MT5 I am really struggling with things like correctly setting up money management, lot sizes, decimals, leverage settings, tick size. Simply exporting the code from SQX to MT5 does not usually configure properly straight away.

I can never get the EA to perform with the correct fixed order size for example if I want to risk $200 per trade, Usually i cant get the correct SL and PT sizes in MT5 when compared to SQX.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281133

Hi,

you will avoid a lot of issues which you describe simply by setting SQ symbol the same configuration your broker uses. If you match the symbol settings then SL, PT, entry prices etc and even money-management will be calculated correctly. See the chart attached

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

iainlc

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, customer, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281187

Thank you for the help Tomas. Can you advise if I have set this up correctly in SQX, according the brokers MT5 settings?

I am still not entirely sure..

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)