Dynamic trailing stop loss?

3 replies

kemelageni

Community, customer, bbp_participant, 14 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279345

The ‘trailing stops’ and ‘move stop to break even’ only look and adjust on the ea timeframe. eg if ea is H1, then it appears that it only looks and adjusts the stops (if needed) on the hour. However, a lot can happen in an hour.

Is there any way to have it so the ea looks and adjusts at either tick level or M1 or even M5?

Thank you

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279364

Hi,

one way now would be to convert your strategy to multi-timeframe.

For example you want to trade H1 so you set the strategy to M5 and add a new subchart for H1. You need to modify conditions to use the H1 subchart and add a condition that will evaluate rules only on Minute = 00 that is when a hour candle closes. It is bit tricky but can done.

Another way would be to add ‘tick-by-tick SL trailing’ manually into the strategy. See the example attached

Note: the tick by tick trail will only work under MT4 (not in SQX)

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

kemelageni

Visit profile

1 year ago #279410

Fantastic… I’m really glad to have some options but I may need more help.

I will start with the ‘tick by tick trail’ but not exactly sure where I would put the code into my existing strategies. I have attached a strategy I use so maybe you could help?

I will then go on to trying to convert existing stratgies using the multi – timeframe option but that can wait for now. I need  aquick solution and this tick by toick cod elooks like a quick solution. Just need to know how and where to insert the code

Thank you very much

Keith

Attachments:

kemelageni

Visit profile

1 year ago #279423

Hi, I perservered and managed to modify my ea using the multi chart process you outlined. Very clever. Thank you.

Another question? that works fpor when the main ea is based oin rules for H1, but what abouyt M15 and M30? What do I do with the new condition ‘current minute is 00’

Do I just add conditions for current minute is 15,30,45 ? (I would think we need it to say ‘OR’ and not ‘and’)

Or do I have to completely add a new signal profile for each minute condition?

I hope this makes sense

Attachments:

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)