Not logged in
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums>AlgoWizard / EA Wizard>General Discussion>EA based on close of the daily candle

• #260381 |
    Participant
    14 Posts

Hi there,

I created an EA for the daily timeframe. It’s based on an indicator’s crossover.

I would like it to go long or short if the crossover has during the prior candle.

Will it work with the daily timeframe, considering there is a short break between each trading day?

Would it open a trade on the open of a new daily candle? I don’t want it to place trades when the spread is high.

Anyone have any ideas?

Looking forward to your replies.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by ggiang.
    Participant
    14 Posts

How can I make the EA open trades at least 1 min after the prior daily candle has closed?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1826 Posts

Hello,

you can check spread using the Spread in pips function. Check the screenshot attached

It is not possible to simply delay the order. You would have to add 1 additional code line into the final strategy code to postpone order sending for 60 secs

Sleep(60000);

Find the line in the final EA code that says: // Rule: Long entry

Place the Sleep function between // Action #1 and _ticket lines

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    14 Posts

Wasn’t able to find // Action #1 and _ticket lines, even when using ctrl-f. I am using EA Wizard.

How can I make the EA only take trades after 23:00 (1 hr before daily candle close)?

Participant
    14 Posts

Is anyone able to help with this?

What conditions do I need to  set in order for the EA to place trades only after 23:00 and before 23:59 (server time)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.