EA based on close of the daily candle

4 replies

ggiang

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260381

Hi there,

I created an EA for the daily timeframe. It’s based on an indicator’s crossover.

I would like it to go long or short if the crossover has during the prior candle.

Will it work with the daily timeframe, considering there is a short break between each trading day?

Would it open a trade on the open of a new daily candle? I don’t want it to place trades when the spread is high.

Anyone have any ideas?

Looking forward to your replies.

ggiang

Visit profile

3 years ago #260399

How can I make the EA open trades at least 1 min after the prior daily candle has closed?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260420

Hello,

you can check spread using the Spread in pips function. Check the screenshot attached

It is not possible to simply delay the order. You would have to add 1 additional code line into the final strategy code to postpone order sending for 60 secs

Sleep(60000);

Find the line in the final EA code that says: // Rule: Long entry

Place the Sleep function between // Action #1 and _ticket lines

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

ggiang

Visit profile

3 years ago #260429

Wasn’t able to find // Action #1 and _ticket lines, even when using ctrl-f. I am using EA Wizard.

How can I make the EA only take trades after 23:00 (1 hr before daily candle close)?

ggiang

Visit profile

3 years ago #260499

Is anyone able to help with this?

What conditions do I need to  set in order for the EA to place trades only after 23:00 and before 23:59 (server time)?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)