EA Time Help

6 replies

Adil Aijaz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #200725

I’ve made an EA and it’s working good but i don’t want it to trade on weekend gaps. It’s dangerous for my EA strategy. I haven’t used any time related thing in my EA and i don’t know how to deal with time variables and functions.

I want help, I don’t want my EA to open any trade on friday ending time till monday past 12 hours… so for almost like 3 hours of friday closing and 12 hours after monday opening (total 15 hours), i don’t my EA to open trade..

Can anyone please tell me the rules? or if have sqw file then please attach.. Thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #200733

Hello Adil,

I have made an example on how to enter a trade from Monday 9 a.m. to Friday 6 p.m. Check the file attached

Adil Aijaz

Visit profile

6 years ago #200768

thank you very much.. i have another question.. in my strategy i’m using ema and sma crossing for order opening and closing.. but it opens the order quickly on the touch of the line.. and that’s horrible cause sometimes due to market variations, the sma touch the ema during candle opening and the time when that candle closes it goes straight to the opposite side so the order is opened but the ema and sma didn’t have crossover.. i want order to be opened when a perfect crossover happens, when the candle closes with having crossovers of sma and ema , not on just the touch of those moving averages..

Adil Aijaz

Visit profile

6 years ago #200769

thank you very much.. i have another question.. in my strategy i’m using ema and sma crossing for order opening and closing.. but it opens the order quickly on the touch of the line.. and that’s horrible cause sometimes due to market variations, the sma touch the ema during candle opening and the time when that candle closes it goes straight to the opposite side so the order is opened but the ema and sma didn’t have crossover.. i want order to be opened when a perfect crossover happens, when the candle closes with having crossovers of sma and ema , not on just the touch of those moving averages..

I’ve attached the sqw file of my strategy..

Adil Aijaz

Visit profile

6 years ago #200770

Adil Aijaz

Visit profile

6 years ago #200771

why i can’t attach sqw file.. it shows error “Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.’

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #200779

Hello,

please ZIP the file and try to attach or send to [email protected]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)