ENTRY RULE CANDLE PATTERNS

4 replies

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202044

I have one problem with a strategy that uses candle patterns as a entry rule. The long entry is when occurs Hammer Candle Pattern and the short rule is when occurs Shooting Star Candle Pattern. The strategy is profitable for many years and I have running on demo account. The problem is the difference with the demo account and the SQ 3.8.2 simulation. In demo account, the EA open 6 orders last month and the SQ simulation didn´t open any order last month. I think that could be a difference on candle pattern calculation  between mql4 and SQ function. I need that mql4 match exactly the SQ simulation. There is a way to compare the mql4 and SQ functions?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202060

Hello,

I get the same number of trades between SQ and MT. Check this strategy attached

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Visit profile

6 years ago #202064

Thanks for your reply. It´s occurring something that I don´t undertand. I tested your strategy with my strategy with the same settings in SQ. The only one difference is that my strategy open limit orders, but the entry rule is the same. So, I think that the same number of pending orders must match the number of trades of your strategy.

I made two tests on AUDCAD M15 only changing the period. First test period is 01.11.2017 to 30.11-2017 and the second test is 01.10.2017 to 30.11-2017. The first test, my strategy didn´t generate any pending order and your strategy generated one trade. The second test is stranger. My strategy generated 11 pending orders and your strategy generated only 2 trades, where 7 pending orders were opened in november being that first test didn´t generated any order in november.

I attached the tests. Please let me know if I doing something wrong. Thanks

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Visit profile

6 years ago #202066

The forum is blocking upload STR files. I will send by support email.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202877

you can zip the  .str  file and attach it

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)