Error improving a strategy

7 replies

andy335

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238578

When I try to improve parts of a strategy, I often get the following error message:

This does not happen to me only with one strategy, it happens to many and of different types.
I’m currently using 118.84 version of StrategyQuant X

Could you tell me how to fix it?

Regards,

Andrés

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238582

Hello, does this happen to a manually created strategy or generated by SQX? Please attach to an email to [email protected], we need to check

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238585

This is already reported. Improver does not work and never has, I tried it in evry release from B1. That error goes away if You use the older file version Sq4 instead of Sqx.

andy335

Visit profile

5 years ago #238587

Thanks for the answers. What Mabi says is just what is happening to me. Virtually no strategy can be improved with the sqx extension. In almost all cases, one of these error messages appears: “Strategy desn’t have standard format”, “Error while converting simple blocks”, “THEN is not an order” …
I didn’t know that the problem is solved using the sq4 format. In that case, Can you tell me how strategies are converted to that format?

Regards,

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #238593

Hello, I suggest to wait until next build v119 is released (most likely by the end of Feb) where this should be fixed https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_3555

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #238596

I’ll check the reported errors. But Improver works only with standard strategies generated by SQ X.

From the error message it seems the strategy has some custom format, with two actions in THEN part.

If you have problem it would help if you can attach more strategies where you experience problems to the bug task, not just one. Or cretae one more task for it, so I can check it from every angle.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

andy335

Visit profile

5 years ago #239077

I just checked that with the new version 119 the problem has not been solved. The same type of error keeps coming up when I try to improve parts of a system.

I attach the strategy.

Regards,

andy335

Visit profile

5 years ago #239078

I attached the compressed strategy to avoid the error when uploading it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)