errors compiling strategies

7 replies

pjdalb

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237586

Hi

I have just started using StrategyQuant x from version 3.8.2

Every strategy that I save to use in mt4 has the same type of error. Mt4 is unable to even open the file to backtest etc

I notice when compiling the strategy in Metaeditor there is always this error. This occurs even on a strategy developed in StrategyQuant 3.8.2 that I then open in StrategyQuant x and the save for mt4.

‘1’ – expression not boolean    ( see attached file)

Excited about the new program but frustrated !!

Thank you for any help.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237594

Hello,

this is already fixed with version X116, please update as soon as the update becomes available

Ash24FX

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237599

The issue was caused by a recent update to Metatrader 4 released a few days ago, check your MT4 build number by going to MT4 -> Help -> About.

If its Build 1160 dated 14 Dec 2018 then that’s the issue, as Tomas said the SQ X fix for this will be included in build 116 as per the roadmap

Schutten

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 52 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237632

I have the same issue…any idea when X116 will be released?

Ash24FX

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237634

SQ X 116 was released yesterday, if you close and re-open the program it should prompt to install the update

Schutten

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 52 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237639

Thank you, yes I noticed it. However after loading files which were build under 115 and exporting them in MT4 format the compiling errors are still there. This leads me to believe that all systems have to be rebuild from scratch unfortunately.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237707

There was an issue compiling mq4 code identified in build 116. It’s already been fixed and the fix will be distributed in build 117

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237714

if you download latest zipfile of B116, the problem has been fixed

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)