Export to MT4

6 replies

Joshua Wieger

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #282520

Recently I installed a couple of new instances of MT4. I noticed that the normal data location changed from “USER/%%/AppData/Roaming/…” to “Program Files (x86)/MT4program/…”

When I try and select this installation the program can’t find the appropriate data locations and I can’t seem to point it to the right location to populate the server names. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Josh

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #282563

Hi,

you could try to use both paths the same.

If that does not work, open MetaTrader4 and click the File -> Open Data folder menu.

This will open a correct path to the appropriate data folder

Joshua Wieger

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #282566

I was still having problems but think I figured it out. There were no HST files in the DEMO directory and it wasn’t pulling up a server until after I downloaded some from MT4.

Once I opened MT4 and downloaded a few the server popped up on the list.

Attachments:

julian diaz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 5 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #282572

problema al exportar datos de quantdatamanager a mt4, realice todo el proceso de exportacion, pero al momento de ir a mt4 para importar los datos de la carperta (export) de quantdata no aparece el archivo que se crea para asi realizar la importacion a mt4

perdon la ignorancia pero soy nuevo usando el programa , solo segui el tutorial de la pagina,

agradezco su ayuda

Joez

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #282584

Hi Tomas,

My experience here below:

1. I managed to export tickdata to Global Prime. My testing has produced results I can’t explain. First the the 1 minute and other timeframes are different in terms of modelling quality.

What could be the cause?

2. I tried a different broker – IG. I can see the .hst files in the history folder. However, when I have tried to import them into symbols via the Tools, it is not happening!  But when I run the Strategy Tester, it is working fine though the modelling quality is not being labelled as 99.9%!

I am at a loss explaining the differences and above import behavior.

Attachments:

Joez

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #282587

I tested same Moving Average EA on both Global Prime and IG, same settings including test period. Here are the results.

Why so different, including modelling quality report at different timeframes?

Thank you for your input.

Attachments:

julian diaz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 5 replies.

Visit profile

8 months ago #283095

hola tengo un problema esque estoy exportando datos a mt4 de quantdata manager,

y no me habia dado cuenta que se habia llenado el disco, pero estoy tratando de liberar espacio del disco pero sigue igual  solo uso el pc para esto, me he dado cuenta que los datos que se exportan parece que quedaran ocultos porque los elimino de mt4  y el disco sigue igual quantdatamanager lo tengo en una particion disco:f y mt4 en el disco:c , no son muchos datos los que he enviado pero si varias veces de dos pares por tramos, el dicso se me lleno intento eliminar datos pero no los encuentro, elimino ls datos de mt4  y sigue igual cualquier ayuda se los agradezco

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)