Expression not boolean and other warnings

7 replies

Pietro Consoli

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238433

Hi, any attempt to compile a strategy in MetaEditor produces several “Expression not boolean” warnings.

Other warnings regard return values which should be checked (‘Order Delete’, ‘Order Modify’, ‘Order Select’…).

My MT4 is version 4.00, build 1170.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238452

Hello,

did you use EA Wizard 2.0.1? Those are only warnings and should not effect the strategy operations. Everything should work normally

Pietro Consoli

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238469

Yes, I’m using EA Wizard 2.0.1.

I understand that they’re only warnings and that the strategies created with EA Wizard actually work, but these warnings are something new, probably due to some changes in MT4. Are you planning any update to EAW to solve the problem?

Thanks

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #238490

Yes, there is an update for EA Wizard planned soon. It will be released as AlgoWizard with completely new user-interface and new features. Also it will be possible to load older projects from EA Wizard 2

billoc

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238624

I have the same issue – I am running EAwizard 2.0.1 and mt4 version 4.00, build 1170. Screen shot shows errors. I have tried compiling several EAs and I have the same issue whereby the EA will not place any orders.  I get the warnings but the EAs is impacted  and doesn’t work  – any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

billoc

Visit profile

5 years ago #238626

Further to above – just tried to compile and use same EAs on old version of MT4 (Version 4 build 1090) and works fine. So looks like issues with EAWizard with build 1170. Any suggestions?

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #238641

Hello,

these are only warnings that should not affect the EA itself. Soon we will release new AlgoWizard that is better optimized for MetaTrader 4/5

billoc

Visit profile

5 years ago #238642

Any timeline on the new release?

This issue is affecting the EA itself – it won’t place orders

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)