Good ECN broker advice

15 replies

Morningbull

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 40 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256966

Hello,

Could someone advise me a good ECN broker with slow slippage and large number of markets (FOREX, commodities, stocks…)?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256968

ECN is only marketing, you will pay commisions instead wider spreads…

low slippage? i dont think that slippages differs a lot, yes you can have bigger slippages with one broker and lower with another, but we are talking only about few points, not pips – so slippage is not the key, bigger differences are between spreads and swaps…that could make very big differences

you want to trade with EUR, USD?

are you behind ESMA regulation?

for me real accounts i am using ICMarkets, XM, Bossa, Admiral, XTB, Roboforex, FXOpen, Darwinex and every broker has for me another purpose

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Morningbull

Visit profile

4 years ago #256969

Yes I’m behind ESMA regulation.

As I written I’m interested in FOREX but also in commodities and stocks.

What do you think about Pepperston? I read that they have really small commissions for their ECN account

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256974

Usually each broker is good for something specific – market or platform, low fees, tighter spreads etc so it might be wiser to have multiple accounts and trade as effectively as possible. You are splitting the money but from the risk perspective you can trade each account as you would have just single one so if you risk 1% per trade you would risk 1% of Account1 + Account2 + Account3 on each one. If one account dives into a drawdown while another earns profit you can easily compensate by a money transfer

As for pepperstone you can check some reviews on them https://www.trustpilot.com/review/pepperstone.com

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #256979

i know that Peperstone exists but dont trade with them never and actually i dont know anyone who is trading with them…if you want to be behind ESMA i could recommend you the ICMarkets

you want to trade commodities and stocks by EAs from SQX?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256980

ECN plus commission=normal account plus spreed

scientific….no difference

ECN   only adversite

only way for low commission and spreed is  big account

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256984

But at an ECN account you can have the advantage, that your SHORT position (because of the smaller spread) survives and won’t be stopped out.

Morningbull

Visit profile

4 years ago #256985

@hankeys

Yes, I would like create some EA for stock market using SQX.

@Gianfranco

I’m searching for ECN broker not for small spread but for quality execution, I tried to run EAs in the past on different “standard” MT4 broker and for all I got problems of order rejected due to several reasons, I though that maybe the story could be different using ECN brokers

@Csaba

What do you mean I don’t understand?

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256986

can tell you that with over 3000 trades made with duka not ecn on the forex duka often does operations with average spreed and slippage often in favor … with admiral ecn spreed often higher than duka and certainly higher slippage
problems of trades not executed I can tell you that for now I have not had problems with duka and admiral
when you make thousands of trades slippage can make a difference
on account

thanks gianfranco

this is my story, I can’t tell you if it is the average of the traders

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #256987

@Morningbull

I mean, let say, you have an opened trade in SHORT direction. The exchange rate begins to move against you.

. let say, you have the stop loss at 1.11230
– let say, the current BID rate moves even to the rate 1.11225

If the “STANDARD” account (no extra commission) has a spread of 6 points, then you will be stopped out, because the ASK price is 1.11231.
But if the ECN- Account has just a spread of 2 points, you won’t be stopped out, because the ASK price is just 1.11227. Your trade survived if the rate does not move higher and turns back.

Could I explain it better? Is it now ok?

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #256988

talking about different prices between ECN and STP accounts doesnt make sense…we are trading CFDs so every broker could have different datafeeds and so the prices

we are using Dukascopy data but we are trading with different brokers, so the prices could be slight different – because of that the backtest is only a backtest not 100% of what happened in the past. Real accounts with slippages, widening spreads is different world.

For me the basics are – set the datamanager as you want to trade – you want to trade with ECN account, set lower spread and commision

you want to trade with STP account – use wider spread, no commission

i am using only 1M precision with STP settings (wider spreads) for final backtests and for me doenst matter much if i put the strategy to the ECN or STP account

differences are also on the same brokers – i can run same portfolio with the same broker and could have a little different trades

Morningbull

Visit profile

4 years ago #256994

@Gianfranco

Thank you for share your experiences with those two brokers

@Csaba

Now I understand what you mean but I think this is part of the game, probably some of those position that will be not closed at the end will return some profits

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262344

i am also interested in the subject, standard vs ECN accounts for algo trading, which is better and i wish to as here instead of opening a new thread with the same or related issue

so the main question would be, which would be more efficient financially on a longer term, a standard or an ECN account for using dozens of strategies?

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #262355

ECN is nothing more than marketing – you have lower spread, but the costs you will pay in the commisions – so for me its not a question if using STP or ECN account – costs will be the same. I have set my data in datamanger with bigger spread and no commision, so i am trading with STP accounts mostly

so the basics are for me – use the data setting as you want to trade – lower spread with commision or bigger spread no commission

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262359

thank you hankeys

i was searching and reading about this subject for some time recently and i read an idea (which seemed logic to me but i couldnt verified it) that the choice is based on trading style and intensity (number of trades), meaning if you trade alot and on smaller timeframes you must choose one type and if you trade less on higher timeframes, you choose the other

very useful to know for beginners

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Gin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 95 replies.

Visit profile

11 months ago #282006

You cannot reliably use BUY STOP or SELL LIMIT with STP.

Sooner or later you will get invalid price error.

Learnt the hard way 🙁

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)