Good pair, Bad pair and the Ugly

5 replies

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245922

Hi,

It’s well known that EURUSD is the “easiest” pair to start with. SQ gives you at considerably speed a good number of strategies no matter how do you build or how do you filter them. Once you want to change the pair to try to have a diversified portfolio things change a bit.

I see that on EURJPY all my strategies have good backtest ratios but nowadays all of them are in deep stagnation from months even years. That’s a Bad pair, at least to my experience

And the Ugly pair is AUDUSD. That’s untouchable. Any attempt you try with it is dummed to failure. I didn’t get to Build any tradeable strategy.

What do you think? And why do you think pairs have different personalities?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245935

EURJPY rocks for me

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245961

Lucky you! I’ve stopped all my strategies on EURJPY except one that is killing me

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Venus

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 33 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247298

For me EURUSD, GBPUSD and XAUUSD work well and are definitely the best to start with.

Trying to move into EURJPY, USDCHF and USDJPY, but those are still in development.

I gave up on AUDUSD, NZDUSD and XAGUSD …

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #255082

from my beginner experience, best results and easiest to generate were on GBPJPY and GBPUSD, both from M15 to H4 on selected timeframe. On 1 minute tick, much slower but still manageable.

XAUUSD easily the pair (commodity) with most strategies, the greatest number of strategies per hour of all, especially on Selected Timeframe.

Next in line is EURUSD, slower than the previous mentioned, both slower speed generating and results.

Next is EURJPY and that’s about it.

I will try CAD and CHF pairs, so far with very slow speed in generating. it seems very clear those 6 pairs (GBPCAD, EURCAD, USDCAD and similar CHF), their history is very scarce in possible combinations. I haven’t tried different building blocks but i will investigate further once i am finished with the ones above

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #255102

I would might add that my best strategies so far make around 100 pips per trade (90-110). The problem is that some of these strategies have a too high risk

https://smartforexlearning.com/risk-r-and-r-multiples-explained/

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)