Hard Drive Full And Portable Mt4

6 replies

SP

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 9 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260521

Just bought this great software. I was having trouble adjusting the candles to EST time but I believe i was able to do ESTPLUS07 and that fixed it. Another issue I am having is I was able to create a portable Mt4 and put it on my F: drive has 1 TB space. However, my Mt4 Data folder continues to point to roaming\metaquotes\terminal\e3838383 VS pointing to the same drive I have Mt4 on. The MT4 Installation says F:\Mt4 and MT4 Data folder says C:\… When I try to change it manually it says data folder doesn’t contain any history files. Any suggestions please

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260528

Hello,

to make your MT4 portable you need to follow few steps

1. Right mouse click on your MT4 shortcut and choose Properties menu
  2. Add “/portable” at the end of Target field of the Shortcut window.
  3. Click “OK” to close that properties window.

Once you run MT4 after that change the data folder will be transferred into the MT4 installation folder

SP

Visit profile

3 years ago #260614

It says the it cannot find the data folder. It still is showing the C: Drive for the data folder. When I open up MT4 and check to see where it is it shows F drive. The program isn’t picking up the data folder in the F: drive.

SP

Visit profile

3 years ago #260618

Here is an image should have posted with my previous post.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

SP

Visit profile

3 years ago #260652

I was able to solve my issues.  Once I created the portable shortcut I deleted all of my stuff on the C:\ (the old data folder). I opened up the Mt4 from the new drive and created a new login with a different server and that placed the updated data folder in the new drive F:\… Then just pointed the Quantdata over to that same folder. It is working now. I have attached a picture for anyone that needs help in the future.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

COGSx86

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271392

I was able to solve my issues. Once I created the portable shortcut I deleted all of my stuff on the C:\ (the old data folder). I opened up the Mt4 from the new drive and created a new login with a different server and that placed the updated data folder in the new drive F:\… Then just pointed the Quantdata over to that same folder. It is working now. I have attached a picture for anyone that needs help in the future.

How do you create the portable shortcut?

When I try, I get the popup,

” The file name ” File location” specified in the Target box is not valid.

OnTheEdge_

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 13 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270577

The best way is to install MT4/5 but do not run the program just create the desktop short cut.

After which right click on the shortcut and select Properties

In the Target address after \terminal.exe” add the following /portable”

So you end up with;  “yourdrive\some folder\ Broker MT4 folder\ terminal.exe” /portable”

There’s a space between terminal.exe” &/ portable

Also I’ve had an issue where it didn’t accept ” but did ‘

Once you’ve done that open the shortcut and load MT4 once you’ve run MT4 I like to copy the folder and save it to use in the future.

Also a good idea if you have everything setup down the road to backup the install folder just in case something happens.

You may also have to select the Icon

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)