Help to locate a trade from the equity curve

2 replies

Yaron Lidor

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269204

Please see the attached MT4 statement files.

My problem is that the equity curves seen in the MT4 statement and in QuantAnalyzer are looking different.

To give you a short background, there are 2 different EAs that process the data at the same time and as you can see around trade # 511 in QA there was a DD (which maybe correspond to the DD seen between trades 936-981 on the MT4 statement). Since I want to pinpoint which of these 2 EAs contributed the most to this DD I am trying to identify the trades that cause this DD in QA.

And I do not know how to do it.

First of all there is no special column for trade number in QA. So from where QA gather the information shown in the picture that after trade #511 the equity was $9840.55? (If I’m reading it correctly)

Second of all – it’s not clear to me from which column QA draws the order of the trades which is used to draw the equity cure. Is it based on the “Ticket” or the “Open time” or the “close time” column?  Clearly though it is not based on the information used by MT4 to draw the equity line as they are looking differently in the 2 platforms.

Your help to explain the general approach how to pinpoint certain trades in QA would be greatly appreciated as this is one of the basic needs for QA – a tool that should help us to dissect the MT4 results in a more precise way.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269284

Hello,

by default QA sorts trade using the ticker number but you can sort using any other column. Also it gives DD value based on closed trades only. On the other hand MT4 counts also open P/L into final number. As for the drawdown displayed in QA check the screenshot attached of your MT report

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yaron Lidor

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269293

Thank you for the information. Based on your explanation I did find that you can customize the Views, so I prepared a costume view that contains the Ticket (ticker) number in the first column and the Order number in the 2nd column. This allows to compare what I see on the equity curve (a bubble with the order number) to the ticker number in the List of Trades and then find and pinpoint it on the MT4 Statement.

Thank you because this has solved the problem. I just wanted to add that it would be nice to have a column with Profit/Loss WITHOUT the Commission/Swap, because MT4 statement does report P/L without commission/swap, so it is easier to compare apples to apples.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)