High precision back test on Tradestation / Multicharts

6 replies

Emmanuel2

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 16 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274485

Hi,

We have a high precision cross check with MT4 MT5 Jforex engine but not with the Multicharts TradeStation engine.

I am following the algotrading video course on this web site proposing to do a high precision cross check however it is not available on Multicharts Tradestation.

I am concern that my results are not accurate without the high precision cross check. Which is understandable. D1, H4,H1 candle are less accurate than M1 of course.

A request has been made years ago regarding this question and refused.

Is it because it is not necessary ? is the Multichart Tradestation good enough ?

Should I do the research first with MT4/MT5 Engine then switch to Multicharts at the end of the robustness test ?

Should I give up working with TradeStation Multicharts engine ? Tradestation Multicharts software are clearly more advanced.

PDI

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 17 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #277371

Hi Emmanuel2, That’s a good question and I just struggled with the same one. Unfortunately there is still no answer. Who can help here?

Thank you,

Patrick

binhsir

Visit profile

1 year ago #278278

Does not support high-precision backtesting for Multicharts so long time, I am also very puzzled

Bin

chris brock

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279870

Has this issue been fixed?  Im also having same problem using 1m precision backtest for higher level timeframes in TradeStation.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279876

Hi,

this is not an error/issue. The backtesting engine in SQ was made to match TS/MC trading engines, so if you see the differences it is most likely in different data or configuration between both programs.

This is an important read: https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/reliable-backtesting-in-tradestation-multicharts/

An example: SQ can evaluate SL/PT is being hit intra-bar of course but it cannot currently evaluate complete intra-bar trades. For example you would open a trade and have the PT/SL set within the same bar so SQ cannot decide what is hit first – SL or PT. We plan to extend this to have 1 minute precision so you will be able to evaluate even this type of trades but developers need to do some additional testing before including this feature into StrategyQuant. For most operations selected timeframe precision is sufficient in respect of evaluating stop/limit orders fill, SL & PT hits etc. Just make sure you use larger stops and profit target enouth to avoid intra-bar entry+exit

binhsir

Visit profile

1 year ago #279890

I only trade futures using Multicharts. Supporting high-precision backtesting based on one minute or one tick will be a huge advantage. But in the last two or three years, many people have mentioned this request, but they have been rejected.Can you tell me the link  of the roadmap for this feature? I want to be know your plans.

Bin

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279907

Here is the link you can upvote for sure https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_6359

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)