Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>How do you test different timeframe for robustness verification

• #241107|
    Customer
    23 Posts

Hi guys

as title

if i have M15 strategy, Is there a rule to follow ? so that i can know what period i should use to test? M30? M5 ?

if i have H1 strategy, what period i have to use to test?

Customer
    303 Posts

Strategy

M15 – > test M15, H1

H1 -> test H4, M30

Customer
    197 Posts

try to test lower and higher TFs – so for M15 – M5,M30 for H1 – M30,H4

but the workflow could be different, its up to you, how do you filter your final strategies

many traders dont use this test, because of value of parameters, and they are focusing more on different markets and the same TF

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    23 Posts

how about using other markets with which ATR is similar?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  samuel.
    Customer
    61 Posts

Hi guys as title if i have M15 strategy, Is there a rule to follow ? so that i can know what period i should use to test? M30? M5 ? if i have H1 strategy, what period i have to use to test?

I think the best way is:

A timeframe over it
    A timeframe underneath
    A partner forex test in the same timeframe, e.g. EURUSD with GBPUSD

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Customer
    23 Posts

I think the best way is: A timeframe over it A timeframe underneath A partner forex test in the same timeframe, e.g. EURUSD with GBPUSD

yah, i know,

but that’s is too vague,

I mean maybe there is a rule is “2~4 times current TF…or 1/2~1/4”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.