How to change order frequency?

1 replies

Adam Humphries

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #234523

So I have the trial of StrategyQuant and i’m LOVING IT. I’ve created a few profitable EA’s so far and have really been amazed with the results! I have two questions here, one is unrelated to the title.

First question: How do I make SQ generate more order volume? I backtest for 1 month so I can better judge how many orders it’s making per month, and generally this number falls between 5-30 with usually around a 300 pip take profit. I do not want a script which rarely places orders but makes high profit, I want high orders but low profit similar to a scalper. I have reduced my TP pips, and all it did was prevent SQ from creating profitable strategys, or almost breakeven. Any help here?

Second question: is pips minimum set to .1? I always set mine to .01-.03 and the least it will put orders up for is .1, not sure if that’s a bug but I definitely feel SQ should handle micro lots.

ALSO, when generating strategy’s, people tell me you’re supposed to let it run for days, but I seem to reach optimal strategy’s within 15 minutes or so, with no differing strategies being added afterwards.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #234533

Hello,

it is very easy to get good results fast especially for some markets and using large or no stop-loss

To trade often you need to use lower timeframes to generate series of quick trades. Use smaller target and also smaller stop-loss but as said before this often makes it harder to find a good and robust strategy.

You can also try to optimize for larger “number of trades” (you can use this as Ranking – Strategy selection criteria)

You can also try to use the settings attached for EURUSD

Not sure what you mean by your question #2

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)