How to Increasing Memory(Ram) usage on SQ

4 replies

SF

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258864

Hi, I saw that previous post about this topic were outdated (2015 solution). So i figured I’d start a new one for an updated solution.

What im trying to achieve:

I want SQ to use as much memory as possible that is available from my desktop. Currently I have set the memory usage to 128 gb of RAM. However through viewing from task manager, it is only showing 11% of RAM is being used. How can I increase the amount used.

I tried to change the options in the configuration section (top right of SQ app). Here you can see the settings I put. I have tried the firs toption “determine maximum memory” but that resulted in low RAM usage.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258866

Hi,

the memory is just not wasted when not needed. When it is not required for SQX it is not allocated. If you set a very large genetic population and use additional cross-checking and robustness testing more memory will be used.

If you really want to utilize more RAM you can copy the entire SQX folder and run multiple copies of SQX. But benefits are questionable since you will also split your CPU resources

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258869

the ram need to use sqx in the full cpu load was very decreased… i have also 128 GB ram from SQ3 times, where this amount ram was needed to run 40 cores in full load

now with SQX even with my hardest workflow the sqx consumes something like 50GB max

if you run already with 100% cpu load, you will get nothing more

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Tanaroj Rangsicharoenlerd

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266902

how much island you use for 50gb?  i have project 64gb or 128gb for use

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266906

i am always using 8 islands

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)