How to systematically run Builder?

3 replies

Joey Oon

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 6 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279425

Hi, I have a question regarding Builder. How do I start systematically running Builder with indicators I choose?

Example, lets say I set single entry and exit signal, choose Bar close above moving average signal, I remove all the parameter sets, I fix all parameter values to a specific setting, only period I set a range between 2-100. I also set entry at market, then SL and PT are fix pip numbers. Does the builder run systematically testing from 2 up to 100 period range, or does it jump around random numbers between 2-100?

Reason for asking is, I been doing some building tests, but I am getting a significant chunk of no trades and irrelevant outputs.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279574

Hello,

you can share your complete builder configuration, see the image attached how to save.

I will test your setup

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Sam Zomo

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279579

Hi Dear,

is there any way you can change to enable reverse trad in the building blocks or how can you please explain to enable reverse trad allowed function?

Thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279583

Hi Dear,

is there any way you can change to enable reverse trad in the building blocks or how can you please explain to enable reverse trad allowed function?

Thanks

Hi,

you need to use the Enter at Market / Revers order type for that. The long order closes an opposite short position with the same magic number if there is any. The opposite happens for a short trade (short is closed and long is immediately open)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)