Not logged in
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>I lost 8000 strategies after automatic restart?

• #266937 |
    Customer
    94 Posts

Hello

I lost appr. 8000 strategies and this is (I think) after the idiot automatic restart of Windows regarding the updates….
    After I launched SQX, the already generated 8000 strategies did not load again into the databank of the Builder.

But earlier they would loaded automatically. Why not now? Because the — automatic sync — of databanks is turned off?

Thanks for the answers!

Brg, Csaba

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Csaba.
    Customer
    611 Posts

without turned on autosync the strategies are still only in RAM

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    94 Posts

Understand…Thank you, than I guessed it also right…

Customer
    36 Posts

Happened the same to me on my VPS… such mistake you only do once. Now I sync every 30 min.

DP

Customer
    94 Posts

Pfff…. Yes, I believe you. I learned a lot now.

By the way: is the generation much slower on VPS? I just have 1 very powerful computer and I was wondering if I should buy a new one or rather try with VPS…

Customer
    36 Posts

Depends of course on the VPS CPU and provider (if they oversell, ect) … now I am running it on a dedicated Hetzner Server. I like the fact that I can let it run 24/7 remote.

DP

Customer
    54 Posts

This just happened to me… PC didnt restart, but SQX crashed.

I restarted SQX and all my strategies were gone, even though I had auto sync turned on.

Is there any way to get them back?

It took me over a week to mine these strategies, with dozens of task tweaks during the process.¬† I f***king feel like flipping a table over. ūüė°

Customer
    44 Posts

This happens to me fairly regularly, not only does it delete recent strats it also deletes every strat in the entire user file from multiple custom projects. I’ve no idea why it does that!

I back up the entire SQX ‘user’ file every time before shutting down the software that way the amount of strats and builds lost is zero.

Customer
    54 Posts

Thanks Jason, this is useful.

i will do this moving forward!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.