I lost 8000 strategies after automatic restart?

10 replies

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266937

Hello

I lost appr. 8000 strategies and this is (I think) after the idiot automatic restart of Windows regarding the updates….
After I launched SQX, the already generated 8000 strategies did not load again into the databank of the Builder.

But earlier they would loaded automatically. Why not now? Because the — automatic sync — of databanks is turned off?

Thanks for the answers!

Brg, Csaba

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266943

without turned on autosync the strategies are still only in RAM

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Visit profile

3 years ago #266947

Understand…Thank you, than I guessed it also right…

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266950

Happened the same to me on my VPS… such mistake you only do once. Now I sync every 30 min.

DP

Csaba

Visit profile

3 years ago #266951

Pfff…. Yes, I believe you. I learned a lot now.

By the way: is the generation much slower on VPS? I just have 1 very powerful computer and I was wondering if I should buy a new one or rather try with VPS…

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266952

Depends of course on the VPS CPU and provider (if they oversell, ect) … now I am running it on a dedicated Hetzner Server. I like the fact that I can let it run 24/7 remote.

DP

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267035

This just happened to me… PC didnt restart, but SQX crashed.

I restarted SQX and all my strategies were gone, even though I had auto sync turned on.

Is there any way to get them back?

It took me over a week to mine these strategies, with dozens of task tweaks during the process.  I f***king feel like flipping a table over. ?

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267056

This happens to me fairly regularly, not only does it delete recent strats it also deletes every strat in the entire user file from multiple custom projects. I’ve no idea why it does that!

I back up the entire SQX ‘user’ file every time before shutting down the software that way the amount of strats and builds lost is zero.

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267071

Thanks Jason, this is useful.

i will do this moving forward!

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267295

software crashes happening regularly, must be investigated because a software crash is a very rare event

the rule of good practice in running a pc 24/7 (at home) is to have as fewer components, programs and drivers as possible, the simpler the system, the less likely situation of a crash and vice versa. The system must be as barebone as possible and only with a windows server OS, a few essential drivers and only the SQ installed and running.

regarding VPS services, in my personal opinion, each trader must do/perform a financial analysis and compare the two solutions, investing in a personal PC vs VPS

especially with the newly launched 5000 series Ryzen from AMD, on AM4 platform, which is a very simple and less expensive platform, one can build a very good PC, and by very good, i mean one that has comparable performance to the old threadrippers

the main question in these cases is in how many years/months you can fully recover the investment in a VPS subscription. By delegating a job, one pays a premium for others to do a job that can easily be made at home for free

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267299

Hello,

if you experience an unexpected crash of SQX during the build / retest / optimzation the best you can do is to activate debug level logging in the SQX configuration setting (see the screenshot attached). Once another crash occurs please attach the log into our roadmap here https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/tasks/new (create a bug report)

Developers will need to investigate the log for possible issues.

Important: also please attach the build config (see the image attached how to save) with your PC config and brief description of what happens in your case. 

NOTE: the debug level logging creates large log files so use only if necessary

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)