I use SQ for 2 years: Can anyone here report positive long-term results?

33 replies

Diwi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 49 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271196

Hi,

I’ve been using SQ4 since 2018 and haven’t had any long-term positive results. Can anyone here report positive long-term results? When calculating the EA’s, I proceed scientifically according to the manual.

My results look like in the attachments.

Regards,

Diwi

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270890

Hello,

interesting discussion. I see many traders still force themselves to make breaktrought in few forex pairs. Please keep in mind there are thousands of other trading instruments around including stocks, ETFs, CFDs, futures, futures spreads, commodities options etc all these at various world exchanges. All these you can both daytrade and swing trade. Forex is quite difficult to start with mainly due to limited amount of pairs, the way forex pairs generally behave and their interrelation. Many traders give trading up just because they cannot make it in forex which is pity because there are so many opportunities around. Focusing too much on forex will make you miss those …

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270894

how to trade stocks with SQX for example – if we havent what is needed – some stockpicking methods with survivorship bias, strategy logics with signals through whole stock indices, etc. etc.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270899

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Oliverhowton/darwinex-live-4hr/8350352

this is my live account ive been trading and its 100%FX

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270937

i see this as a moral recognition or reward, especially for beginners and for me, that its not their fault that just on forex, the performance is minimal or to be more exact, well below the investment . There were opinions in the past that maybe the beginner is doing something wrong. Its not the SQ’s fault either, its just the natural barrier and limit of forex market.

there is something that the SQ team can do, morally and technically to improve the experience and that is to underline that forex is for warming up only, training, for beginners, because its simpler and once the level is reached, its time to expand quickly in to other markets in order to remain profitable in respect to the investment made

just on forex, one would need a huge account, 20.000 or 40.000 EUR and a huge number of strategies which would mean an inefficient approach and a huge risk. Otherwise, the profit, be it 10 or 50 EUR per month, thats just for fun or thrill of the game, nothing useful.

as for me, when the autumn comes, i will start a new season of generating, only on alternative markets. Right now, its way too hot anyway, to generate in decent conditions. In eastern europe its 38 degrees in this period.

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270941

how to trade stocks with SQX for example – if we havent what is needed – some stockpicking methods with survivorship bias, strategy logics with signals through whole stock indices, etc. etc.

You can follow a simple 5-steps workflow even without advanced portfolio backtesting

1. select a random stock from let’s say S&P 500 index or UK FTSE 100, or JP NIKKEI 225 or whatever
  2. build a system that works well with the selected stock so you can start trading the system easily. You can trade intraday but Daily will work better and is easier to start with
  3. backtest the strategy on other randomly selected stocks too (you can use Additional market cross-check for that. Those that work with your system will be added into your portfolio quite easily just by creating a new chart in the trading platform
  4. you can easily build an actively trading portfolio of 10 or more stocks
  5. define risk-management rules and monitor each stock. Once the trading performance drops down significantly the stock can be discarded and replaced by another new one

This could be very likely a long-only portfolio. With more experience you can build a simple “short (sell) portfolio” similar way

If you prefer starting your build using a template you can check this https://strategyquant.com/blog/building-mean-reversion-strategies-using-templates-and-limit-orders/

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #270942

you need to know, that this way you just described is not what is needed – because how do you pick those stocks for additional markets? limitation is to 30, you need every market set manually and what about other stocks in the index?

and how do you pick those 10 for trading? everything will be affected by that choice, this is not systematical approach

every stock need to be subjected to testing, if not – its only a random walk

many work need to be done with SQX for stock trading to be real as systematic approach

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #270943

i am really not getting your notes – why are you telling that some huge amount of money is needed for trading the forex

you can start without problem with 1000 EUR account and have big profits, why you are counting something like 50 EUR? this doesnt make sense…

do you think that somewhere are markets which will make you hundreds % of profit with a small account? – trust me, they are dont exists – forex is the cheapiest… what are those alternative markets you are looking for?

ivan

Visit profile

2 years ago #270945

i forgot to mention another aspect related to the “long term”, its not related to SQ

i keep reading news about several quantum computers moved from one place to another, for those unfamiliar with these computers, in short, they deal with uncertainty, not just with on – off like classic computers and they are chilled to absolute zero, minus 273 C

in the following years, the first major bank or financial institution that manages to rent a few hours (doesn’t need to buy or own a quantum computer), it will monopolize all the gains

such a computer can make the best strategy in a fraction of a second and an entire portfolio in a minute, it will change trading completely

the idea is that if i would be a major trader, i wouldn’t invest too much or think 3 or 5 years ahead

Timisoara, Romania

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270946

The biggest problem of the sq is not the computer speed. Biggest  problem is the curve fitting and the building and filtering process. Quantum computers have the same problem with curve fitting.

We need more curve fitting tests.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

ivan

Visit profile

2 years ago #274438

one problem i was thinking about for some time is that, the shorter the SL is, the more the SL is hit and on average, both strategies have around the same performance

if a strategy has a very short SL like 50 – 90 pips or 100 pips on XAUUSD, the strategy has 20 even 30 SL before a TP is taken

so,….one solution would be to double or triple the trade once it appears. The loosing trades, the SL is anyway too fast closing to be confused with a winning trade

this i think is one if not the only way to make a strategy worth using

Timisoara, Romania

Diwi

Visit profile

1 year ago #278453

Hi,

I’m giving an update here after about three years of using SQX.

In general, the EA’s of other algotraders who ran profitably on MyFxBook have disappeared. The EA’s that are still visible are unprofitable.

I myself was only able to create ea’s that made little loss overall, although I tested everything in SQX. Attached you will find my last current demotest (IC-Markets) and an example of a custom project.

SQX ran on an AMD-3900X, 64GB, so it has enough power to generate profitable ea’s within three years according to the advertisement.

I bought SQX to create ea’s independently without any programming knowledge. For this I wanted to use the AlgoWizzard. But this has so many bugs that it is not usable for my purposes. According to the roadmap, the last minor improvement was in September 2021. I also wrote a lot of tickets, which is very time-consuming and is included in the overall cost calculation.

https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/algw/discussions/discussion/38

Unfortunately, the AlgoWizzard has never been completed since the beginning (see roadmap).

In summary, I can say that my financial and time commitment was not worth it for me!!!

Attachments:

Diwi

Visit profile

1 year ago #278454

By the way: I’m a professional futures trader.

Diwi

Visit profile

1 year ago #278526

Here are one of my workflow and same ea´s that arepassed the workflow.

– Builder time period 2007 – 2016 (50% IS, 50% OOS)
– OSS test period 2005 – 2020
– Last OSS test period 06/2021 – 06/2022
– Pair eurusd, M15

What do you think of the results?

Attachments:

Diwi

Visit profile

1 year ago #278528

Here is the custom project as zip file.

Attachments:

Diwi

Visit profile

1 year ago #278530

Here are the current settings for the workflow.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

1 2 3